Thursday, October 29, 2009

Furry Costumes and Sticky Kids
















So, I always thought my Mom loved Halloween as much as I did. This has always been one of my favorite holidays, if not my most favorite. I love candy, decorations, and scary stories. You can almost at any time find a scary movie on TV throughout the month of October. Now, if you know me well, you know that this is bliss for me! My amazing mother, without so much as a whimper or groan, always made the most fantastic costumes for us, from Princesses and Genies, to Babies and Ladybugs. We were always allowed to trick-or-treat, and we were always allowed to eat all of our candy. Now that I'm a Mom, I'm starting to think that maybe she didn't love it as much as she lead on. I think she may very well be nominated for an Academy Award for 18 years for a pretty convincing performance.
Anything that breaks routine around the Wright household can create a bit of stress for the mom and the kids. Don't get me wrong, I love to see the boys in their costumes and love all of their excitement. Wouldn't trade it for anything. But this year, I thought to myself, "If there had never been Halloween, they wouldn't know the difference." Today was their Halloween Costume Party at school. This morning, was a little rough. In all of their excitement, Wesley and Owen decided that they would make breakfast time not-so-successful. French Toast! Who doesn't want French Toast?! I was lucky to shove 4 bites down each of their gullets. And the costumes...the costumes. So we get buckled in the car and on our way to school. Wesley's hat was having a hard time staying on. At one point while we were on the freeway, it fell behind his head, leaving the elastic strap still lassoed around his neck. Then he pulled it around and twisted it. In an attempt to save him from asphyxiating himself, I took a sharp right onto the 1600 North exit, effectively propelling the Ford Escape into the ditch. Yea Mom! I'll be accepting my "Mother of the Year" award later on today... However, we did make it to school for the Halloween party, and on time for that matter! The boys, unaware of their mother's desperate need for a Zanex, had a great time at the party and even got to bring home a few treats...
It's not even Saturday, yet...

2 comments:

  1. They look so great. Very cute costumes! I love the pumpkins too. That is awesome that you grew your own! I love your blog...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so dang cute Kath! Love it! And what a great mom you are!

    ReplyDelete