Wednesday, October 21, 2009

T & A







That's right. T & A as the hospital refers to it. Wesley had a Tonsilectomy and Adenoidectomy. This has been a great stress to this family. Poor little guy just keeps getting sick. Plus, he snores and doesn't get a good night sleep. So we, along with Dr. Grimmer from Primary Childrens' Hospital, made the decision to have them taken out. I am excited for Wesley to start feeling better. Recovery is rough, but I know it will be worth it. We got to Primary's at 11:00 am to get ready and do all the pre-op stuff. He got to play in the waiting room with all the great toys while we waited for the Dr to come and get him. He went in at 1:00 and was out by 1:30. When I went into the post-op room after his surgery, he was just coming out of his anesthesia. He was hysterical. They said that that is a common reaction coming off the anesthesia. He started to calm down when he saw me. We took him right into the recovery room where Dad joined us. He wouldn't lie down in the hospital bed, so I had to hold him while he slept off the rest of the medicine. That was rough. Wait..no...no it wasn't. He's not typically a cuddly kid, so I ate up every second of holding him! His sats dropped alot while he was sleeping so he had to have some o2 blowing on him to keep them up. As he became more coherent his sats normalized. Got him dressed and we were out of there by 4:15. The doctor said he was great and had no problems at all. Even going into the operating room without us, he was a champ. That's our tough little guy. Now that we're home, we're just taking it easy. He is a little drowsy from the pain meds. His voice is totally different. It's high and really quiet. I wonder if it will go back to normal. All in all, he did great! What an amazing kid.

2 comments:

  1. Poor little guy...it is so hard to see little ones go through surgery. Cohen has been put under 8 times. It never gets easier seeing them like that. I am glad the little guy is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope it helps him! I'm sure it will make a big difference! I can't get over how CUTE your boys are! Wow!

    ReplyDelete